The correct installation of your AV equipment ensures that your technology is safe to use and facilitates correct usage. A+K’s in-house technical installation team is trained to the manufacturer’s highest standards and can therefore advise you on many aspects of the installation process.
A+K offers a full design and installation service, and can accommodate projects of all sizes, from simple installations to fully integrated systems. Our team has many years' experience in AV installation and is able to deliver an audio visual system tailored to your specific needs. We work work with architects, interior designers, IT and furniture contractors to deliver a complete audio visual solution for commercial, educational and end user customers.
Post installation, we offer a number of support and aftercare packages to ease the learning curve. See the Training & Support page for further details.
eno interactive whiteboard
The following points should be considered before the installation of your eno interactive whiteboard:
- Location: where will your whiteboard be installed? Will the desired location be central, with space for teachers and presenters to move?
the whiteboard should be easily accessible to users, which may mean the technology
is mounted lower than a traditional board.
Note: The eno height adjustable mobile solution makes the whiteboard more accessible to users.
- Wall construction: if your whiteboard will be wall mounted, it is important to consider the mounting area’s construction type, condition, stud spacing, and maximum holding strength. The materials and tools required for the installation will also depend on the wall construction.
The following points should be considered before the installation of your projector
- Operating Environment: For safety’s sake, refrain from setting the projector at any place subjected to high temperature and high humidity.
- Positioning: For short throw (ST) and ultra short throw (UST) projectors, you should allow approx. 2.4 to 2.6m celing height for the projector and bracket.
Interactive LCD Displays
The following points should be considered before the installation of your Interactive LCD Display:
- Positioning: the display should be easily accessible to users; this may mean that, if mounted, the whiteboard is fixed lower so that users can utilise the board fully
- Wall construction: if your display will be wall mounted, it is important to consider the mounting area’s construction type, condition, stud spacing, and maximum holding strength. The materials and tools required for the installation will also depend on the wall construction.
Health and Safety
Health and Safety is an important consideration during installation. A+K aims to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for our employees by complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation. We also recognise and accept our duty to protect the health and safety of our customers, other contractors and members of the public.
Before installing electronic equipment, such as interactive whiteboards and LCD displays, we assess the risks involved and monitor these during the preparation and installation process to ensure optimal safety of the installation team and users. These risks include, but are not limited to, trailing leads, faulty electrical equipment, and poorly mounted whiteboards/projectors.
Our installation team hold CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme) cards, which confirms that they have the necessary competence to work in the build environment. We have also carried out the appropriate employment checks to ensure our staff are suitable to be working in education environments.
Experts in system design and AV installation, A+K Technical Services works with trade partners and clients to deliver solutions tailored to client’s needs, whether you require a simple installation or a fully-integrated system.